Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tall Poppy Syndrome - you know they're just jealous !

One of the negative things about creating Total Body Transformations and helping people completely reshape their bodies AND their lives - is how much attention it attracts. Now, this isn't always annoying, a lot of the time it is really positive, the double takes from people passing you by in the street, the comments from the sales ladies in the dressing rooms and of course the comments from friends "How's your training going ? Jeez you're looking great! What are you doing ? "and then it does also attract a lot of the well meaning "advice" that ends up confusing you more than helping - ie

"My trainer says you're doing too much interval training"
"Terry White says you should be drinking this !"
"I'm an ex football champion superstar martial artist kungfu master and I know it ALL, yep I'm pretty much GOD's gift to women - so listen to me as your formally qualified and certified trainer with 14 years in the Health and Fitness Industry obviously doesn't know what she's talking about" *

* I know you know atleast one person who's like this don't you ;) he he he

But more destructively it also attracts women ( i'm sorry to say - but it really is mostly is my fellow woman ! ) and snide remarks, bitchy gossip behind your back and petty rumours spread around - pretty much it's the women that have been struck down with a near terminal case of Tall Poppy syndrome!

That's right - they are totally threatened that you have got the guts to follow the goals that they have only ever let themselves dream about. Ask them this - Would it make you feel a little bit better about yourself if I put on some weight ? You know, if I start eating some junk food, stop working out and watch more dvd's? Would that make you happy?

Well sorry ! But it won't ! And as if you'd do it anyway !


I make no apologies for training hard, eating well, looking good and for helping my clients to make some absolutely amazing transformations . And you know what - they do look amazing - check out those before and after photos !

You know, it's possible for anyone to do it - it just takes a little bit of faith. So - for my clients who experience a bit of TPS ( as you will sometime over the next 12 weeks ) from not so well meaning neighbours, family members or "frenemies" have a little compassion. Put yourself in your frenemie's shoes... there you are - going after something you want. You've put your hard earned money on the line, you've gotten up at the crack of dawn, done countless lunges and squats and damn right you look good - after all that preparation you deserve to! So of course they're going to feel a little threatened, a little frumpy and sluggish next to you, and of course, they're probably turning bright green with envy as every kilo of fat just melts off you !

Stick with it girls and guys, cos those frenemies - they don't wanna be " like Mike" they wanna be just like YOU ! They want the success that YOU'VE GOT !

Well - now that I've got that off my chest --- moving on !

Thanks to Mel for reading this blog and giving me a shout out ! Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, i love to know that what I write is making an impact for you. Cos I spose - you just don't know what you don't know .. until you know it ! So why would you ever ask for it ? Hence my blog to help you find it all out :)

Big Thank you out there to Jules Dempster for referring Wayne & Adrienne to our Beerwah Fit Body Factory sessions. First week nearly done, jeez i gave everyone a bit of a smashing last nite ! Well - i just got a bit carried away when I could see how determined everyone was in their faces and their eyes! I think it's really great we've done the S.M.A.R.T. Goal setting before this challenge ( that's Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Time frame - thanks to KB & Boris for teaching me that in Under 17's Volleyball ! ) yeah i can really see that everyone's connected to WHY they are doing this training. As Danna said " When I was doing those shoulder arm thingies in my head i was like WEDDING! WEDDING! WEDDING" - meanwhile the rest of us just heard "AAUUUUGGGGHHHH!" ha ha

Welcome Mel & Petra to our morning North Coast (maroochydore - kawana ) Fit Body Factory sessions, stay tuned for our evening sessions and our morning South Coast FBF sessions ( currimundi - caloundra ) coming soon ! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment