Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Moral Of The Real Chicken Wraps Story Is..

So I was driving around on the weekend and I didn't have any meals with me ( naughty naughty! ) so I was racking my brain about what I was going to eat that didn't involve compressed grey matter with flame grilled marks stamped on to it trying to pass it off as chicken. Hence we ruled out subway ! There's something funny tasting about subway salad too - i heard from an insider that it's not as fresh as they claim to be. So then I didn't want to stop in to a servo and grab a tin of tuna, there was no nandos or oportos around ( real chicken breast ) and yeah i know macdonalds do "chicken breast" snack wraps, but I've had the seared one and yes it's okay... but I'm not into the white flour wrap. SO! I thought , i'll wait til I can get a kebab , and try my chances. Well yes... the pita bread was real, the tabouli was real,( really soggy ) the pineapple was real ( really canned and a little bit tart probably from sitting there too long ) and the chicken was real.. boy it was a little bit too real ! It could have looked at me and started clucking it was just a little bit too fatty/pink in the middle ugggh threw that one out and drank an emergency protein shake I had in my car.

So I'm thinking in terms of your best "away" option to getting healthy, quality protein, without too much carbs is something like oporto or nandos... or you could get away with a complete salad from woolies ( no not the pasta ones or the drowned-in-mayo- coleslaws from the deli ) and a barbeque chook - watch out for all the fat though.

But i suppose the moral of the story is just pull your finger out, make it at home and bring it with you !

Or - an alternate moral could be like I have just done - pay my gorgeous friend Becky from Ric's Gourmet International to cook my meal 2,3 & 4 meals for the week ! yessssss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment