Monday, January 5, 2009

Not really cut out for the Unhealthy Life !

Well, Field Days was a blast, I had a lot of fun, there was WAY too many people though. There was almost a riot trying to get on to the buses at the end- it looked like about 10,000 people all trying to cram in through a door. Oh and of course I lost Pete for that critical hour at the end, I only had his phone, and he didn't realise he had my phone in his back pack! So between paying $10 for a drink and braving the port-a-loos ( soooo disgusting ! ) the terrible rainy windy weather, the girl who flashed me her privates whilst showing someone her gum boot and feeling terrible for the next 2 days I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth it !

And yes, I also had that little experiment going - to see how many calories I could burn dancing... well I managed to get to 3600 calories for the day so I suppose that is a lot . However, considering the hang over food I have been eating since then - I think I have definitely OVER Compensated.

So the conclusion to my study - don't go to a dance festival to think you are going to lose fat because you will either eat too much before, drink too much during, or eat too much after for it to work !

For those of you who know me , know that I drink about 4 drinks all year... so now that on the 4th day of the year I have already gone over my quota I am pretty sure this year is going to be a very very healthy one ! It's hard for me to understand people who routinely write themselves off like that, they train hard during the week and then waste it all over the weekend. But perhaps they don't get as sick as I do afterwards, perhaps I need to be more in training to survive a day/night of drinking... I don't know, but I'm pretty certain I'm going to quit while I am already behind !
My New Years this time was my best yet I reckon ! but my New Years Eve this time was my best yet - watching Sex and the City reruns in the air conditioning in between having a good chat to my neighbour Jules and being in bed by 11! I went for a run first thing in the morning New Years - whilst the whole country had a hang over !

Well, I don't need to make any new years resoultions after this experience - I think the healthy life is much easier to sustain anyway !

No comments:

Post a Comment