Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - Hitting The Ground Running

Isn't it funny how hard it is to push yourself through the inertia of the Christmas holidays when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. It feels a little sacrilege to even think about exercising hard when every day you wake up and it feels like a sunday morning! Well, i've had about 10 Sunday mornings in a row and I'm over it ! I can feel the past week of well... let's just call it "carb loading" and pretend I "meant" to do it... stored as water retention and excess body fat. It's interesting how quickly your body can respond, fortunately it doesn't actually take you too much to lose it again except 10 days of low carb high protein and exercising just doesn't happen as fluently as 10 days of carb loading can ! Hence our dilemma! But fortunately, as I did try to battle the breaker waves of indulgence I am happy to feel like I have already started the ball rolling, or hit the ground running as it were to start of January 2nd with a 700calorie run through the forestry! Actually, it was more like a run, walk and dance in the middle of the forest as I was listening to " Get Shaky" the Ian Carey Project. If anyone had've driven past me they would have thought I was having an epileptic fit !

Well, it's my first musical festival in 2 years tomorrow Summer Field Days and it's my lil sister's first festival ever so I'm really pumped ! Yes I am even going to take my heart rate monitor ( which measures calories burnt also ) and answer that question once and for all - if you really can "dance" off that christmas pudding... I'm interested in finding out how much you do actually burn in one day of running amuck around a field with various dj's and music tents! But I'm not sure how I'm going to take my protein shakes with me as last time I put my shaker it in Pete's camel back and it got lost soo....

Ah dear the troubles of a bodybuilder he he

So anyway I can't wait to get started with all the programs of 2009, we've got FIT BODY FACTORY sessions in Beerwah 6:30pm - 7:30pm MWT, Alexandra Headlands 5:30 - 6:30 PM MTT and Point Cartwright MWF mornings 6:00am - 7:00am. I've got heaps of cool new drills and games and I've already had some great "After" photos of some of the girls who have been training with me so far so I can't wait to see what kind of results this training is going to bring !

No comments:

Post a Comment